How to Apply
APPLICATION FOR 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
Thank you for considering Saint Mary Star of the Sea School for your child. The families of children presently attending Saint Mary’s School have the opportunity to register from January 26 – January 31, 2022. Once this is completed and the number of spaces available is determined, students who have applied for the 2022-2023 school year and are on the waiting list will be offered available spaces.
Application process for new families
To apply for 2022-2023 you will need to create an online account and complete the online application.
1. The following documents must be uploaded on the online application for all new students along with a $100.00 application fee:
- Recent Academic Documentation (Report card and standardized test scores) (No application will be reviewed without recent academic documentation listed above – grades 1-8)
- Birth certificate (must be presented at the time of registration) (Required by VA House Bill 946)
- VA School Entrance Health Form before entering school in August. (Form can be picked up at the school office)
- Baptismal certificate (Catholic students only)
2. An assessment day will be scheduled.
3. Consideration for acceptance includes:
- Space is available in each class after current families have registered.
- Children whose families already have children are enrolled in the school.
- Children from a Catholic parish, whose parents are active, supporting members of their parish.
- Children of non-Catholic families.
- Academic records and behavior records review.