How to Apply
APPLICATION FOR 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR
Thank you for considering Saint Mary Star of the Sea School for your child. The families of children presently attending Saint Mary’s School have the opportunity to register from January 24 - February 2, 2018. Once this is completed and the number of spaces available is determined, students who have applied for the 2018-2019 school year and are on the waiting list will be offered available spaces.
To apply for 2018-2019
1. The following papers must accompany the application for all new students along with a $25.00 application fee:
- Recent Academic Documentation (Report card and standardized test scores) (No application will be reviewed without recent academic documentation listed above – grades 1-8)
- Birth certificate (must be presented at the time of registration) (Required by VA House Bill 946)
- VA School Entrance Health Form before entering school in August. (Form can be picked up at the school office)
- Baptismal certificate for Pre-K, K, 1st, and 2nd. (Catholic children only)
2. A visit and assessment day will be scheduled.
3. Consideration for acceptance includes:
a. Space available in each class after current families have registered.
b. Families who have children presently enrolled will have priority to register siblings.
c. Academic records and social records review.
Following in-school registration families on the waiting list will be contacted if there is an opening. At that time the registration fee is due in order to secure admission. The registration fee is non-refundable.