How to Apply
APPLICATION FOR 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
Thank you for considering Saint Mary Star of the Sea School for your child. The families of children presently attending Saint Mary’s School have the opportunity to register from January 16 - February 1, 2019. Once this is completed and the number of spaces available is determined, students who have applied for the 2019-2020 school year and are on the waiting list will be offered available spaces.
To apply for 2019-2020
1. The following documents must accompany the application for all new students along with a $25.00 application fee:
- Recent Academic Documentation (Report card and standardized test scores) (No application will be reviewed without recent academic documentation listed above – grades 1-8)
- Birth certificate (must be presented at the time of registration) (Required by VA House Bill 946)
- VA School Entrance Health Form before entering school in August. (Form can be picked up at the school office)
- Baptismal certificate (Catholic students only)
2. A visit and assessment day will be scheduled.
3. Consideration for acceptance includes:
a. Space available in each class after current families have registered.
b. Families who have children presently enrolled will have priority to register siblings.
c. Academic records and behavior records review.y Star of the Sea School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability in its educational program, activities, or employment practices.
Upon acceptance, the registration fee will be due to secure admission. This fee is non-refundable. More information regarding the new school year will be given at that time.