How to Apply
APPLICATION FOR 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR
Thank you for considering Saint Mary Star of the Sea School for your child. The families of children presently attending Saint Mary’s School have the opportunity to register from January 18- 27, 2017. Once this is completed and the number of spaces available is determined, students who have applied for the 2017-2018 school year and are on the waiting list will be offered available spaces. APPLICATION PROCESS To apply for 2017-2018
1. The following papers must accompany the application for all new students:
- Recent Academic Documentation (Report card and standardized test scores) (No application will be reviewed without recent academic documentation listed above – grades 1-8)
- Birth certificate (must be presented at the time of registration) (Required by VA House Bill 946)
- VA School Entrance Health Form before entering school in August. (Form can be picked up at the school office)
- Baptismal certificate for Pre-K, K, 1st, and 2nd. (Catholic children only)
2. A visit to one of the classrooms for evaluation may be requested.
3. Consideration for acceptance includes:
a. Space available in each class after current families have registered.
b. Families who have children presently enrolled will have priority to register siblings.
c. Academic records and social records review. Following in-school registration families on the waiting list will be contacted if there is an opening. At that time the registration fee is due in order to secure admission.
** The registration fee is non-refundable.
(Saint Mary Star of the Sea School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability in its educational program, activities, or employment practices.)