Education Improvement Scholarships Tax Credits Program (EISTC)
Through Virginia’s new EISTC program, approved donations to MPF provide Catholic school scholarships for students who are Virginia residents.
- Both Catholic and non-Catholic students are eligible for these scholarships.
- Recipients of EISTC scholarships must come from families whose annual household income is less than 300% of the current poverty guideline (or 400% for children with disabilities).
Recipients must also meet one of these criteria:
- Are eligible to enter kindergarten or first grade, OR
- Attended a Virginia public school for at least half of the current or prior school year, OR
- Were not Virginia residents during the preceding school year, OR
- Were prior recipients of an EISTC scholarship.
Scholarships cannot exceed the state’s allocation for the division in which the student resides.
These awards are available to students attending Diocesan and private Catholic schools.